Lex Sterling Solicitors is recognised as one of the UK’s leading immigration law firms, with over 10 years of experience in business and individual immigration and knowledge in immigration law our solicitors are ultimately here to ensure that you get the best immigration advice and services.
We understand that immigration is intensely personal. We reflect this in our advice and approach, whether you are a multinational transferring key staff to the UK, a small and medium-sized enterprise hiring your first sponsored employee, a higher education institution being inspected by UKVI or an individual applying to obtain or extend a UK visa.
We not only pride ourselves on high success rates and exceptional standards of immigration services, but also on fairness and transparency when it comes to costs. The first step we take with our clients is to have a telephone discussion to enable the client to get to know their solicitor and for our solicitors to have a detailed understanding of the client’s case before proceeding to consultation.
We believe our business begins and ends with our client and we are committed to providing the best client care and immigration advice.
Immigration law advice for individuals
We also specialise in advising a very broad base of individual clients, ranging from ultra high net worth and high net worth clients, to professional clients, to executives and individual clients of relatively modest financial means.
We regularly advise non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals from a wide range of countries (including countries such as Australia, Canada, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, the USA and countries in the Middle East) and are sensitive to cultural differences.
We provide our individual clients with a very broad scope of immigration advice, including advising them and their family members and/or dependant relatives in relation to Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur visas, sponsored employees and students, EEA family permit and UK residence card applications, indefinite leave to remain and UK citizenship applications, representing individuals who have got into difficulties with UKVI and/or who are seeking to rely on discretionary or human rights related grounds.
Areas that our immigration solicitors advise individual clients on include:
- Tier 1 – Investor visas (designed for those who can invest at least £2 million in the UK)
- Tier 1 – Entrepreneur visas
- Tier 1 – Graduate Entrepreneur and Exceptional Talent visas
- Tier 2 – Skilled employment related visas
- British citizenship and indefinite leave to remain/settlementapplications, including applications by EEA/EU/Swiss nationals who wish to apply in light of Brexit
- family and dependant related visa applications for children, spouses, civil partners, fiancés and unmarried partners
- creative and sportsperson visas
- EEA family permits and UK residence cards
- sole representative visas
- UK ancestry visas
- all types of immigration appeals and cases in the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and Immigration and Asylum Tribunal
- visitor visas
- overseas entry clearance
- visa extension applications
- fast tracking/UKVI premium appointments
If you are already settled with indefinite leave to remain, or a British national and you are hoping for your partner/husband or wife or other family members to gain a residence permit of permanent residence with you in the UK, our immigration solicitors have the expertise to provide advice, practical assistance, professional representation or court representation from start to finish. We will provide the best immigration advice, which is tailored for each client.
Our solicitors get personally involved all the way through the process to minimise any stresses. Our team advises private clients as well as corporate, investors, and entrepreneurs moving to live and work in the UK.
Immigration law advice for businesses
Our team of immigration lawyers specialises in advising businesses on all immigration related issues, ranging from London-based to national businesses and higher education institutions.
Our immigration solicitors have advised organisations across a very wide range of industry sectors. We can provide whatever level of support businesses and educational institutions require.
Areas that our immigration solicitors advise businesses and educational institutions on include:
- Tier 2 – Intra Company Transfer (ICT) visa applications
- Tier 2 – “General” visa applications and conducting a Resident Labour Market Test
- Tier 4 – passing the annual Basic Compliance Assessment
- Tier 2, 4 and 5 – Licensing as a sponsor with UKVI and ongoing compliance with the sponsor regime
- Tier 2, 4 and 5 – Challenging unlawful UKVI decisions, e.g. by judicial review or appeal
- Tier 2, 4 and 5 – Issuing Certificates of Sponsorship under Tiers 2 and 5 and Confirmations of Acceptance for Studies under Tier 4
- Tier 2, 4 and 5 – Compliance audits and manuals and ongoing compliance with UK immigration laws and sponsorship duties
- prevention of illegal working and advising on appropriate record keeping and monitoring processes
- standard visitor visas (formerly called business visitor visas)
- Tier 1 – Entrepreneur visa applications, for those who wish to establish, join or take over one or more businesses in the UK
- sole representative, creative and sportsperson visa applications
- preparing compliance checklists and relevant sections of HR policies, staff handbooks, compliance materials and other immigration related documents
- visas for dependants and overseas entry clearance applications
- “switching” between relevant immigration categories
- immigration appeals and visa extension applications
- immigration aspects of mergers and acquisitions
We work closely with our high net worth clients no matter the size or complexity of their business or investment in the UK, we can meet you at our offices, at your place of choosing, or even online via Web Conferencing such as Skype.
We take the time to understand our clients to provide them with the best bespoke and individually tailored service. Our team work closely with you to understand your business or investment objectives and will assist you with your business planning through our in-house business and corporate lawyers. By providing strategic business and immigration advice, our solicitors have consistently and successfully assisted our business clients to navigate through the UK’s complex immigration rules and business visa criteria. Our firm prides itself with having an unmatched high success rate in handling business immigration requests.
Our Immigration Advice and Services:
- Entry Clearance Visa / Leave to Remain Services
- Super Premium Service
- Premium Service At PEO in Croydon
- Immigration Appeals
- ImmigrationJudicial Review
- Administrative Review
- Indefinite Leave to Remain
- Permanent residency
- 10 Years Settlement Applications
- Long Residence Application (20 Years Settlement)
- Human Rights Law
- Article 8 and Article 3 Human RightsApplication
- Human Rights Application
- EEA- Residence Card Applications
- EEA- Extended Family Member Visa Applications
- EEA- Retention of Right of Residence Applications
- EEAVisa Application – Appeal
- Fiancé /Spouse VisaApplication – Appeal
- Family Visa Application – Appeal
- Parent Settlement Application
- Domestic Violence Visa Application
- Tourist Visit Visas
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur VisaApplication and Review
- Tier 1 Investor Visa Application and Review
- Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence Audit, Maintenance and Compliance
- Tier 2 Work Permit Application and Review
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visas and Review
- Tier 2 Sports Person Visas and Review
- Tier 4 Student VisaApplication and Review
- Sole Representative Visa Applications and Review
- Sponsorship Licence Applications and Review
- Domestic Worker Visa Applications and Review
- Asylum and Human Rights Application
- British Citizenship
- British Passport Applications
- Deportation and Removal Injunctions
- Immigration Bail Application
- Temporary Admission / CIO Bail Application
- Immigration Advice on Complex Immigration Matters
Our rates are more competitive than many of our peers and we maintain them at a level that is more accessible for individual clients, including individual clients of relatively modest means. We always endeavour to deliver value for money and we help clients work within their budgets and we offer fixed fees. Getting it right first time also means less expense in the end.
Unlike many immigration teams, we advise on all areas of UK immigration law and as a full-service firm, we do not only advise on immigration law. This means that our clients can benefit from a wide range of complementary legal services under “one roof”. The firm’s breadth of expertise and complimentary practice areas mean we can advise on complex multi-practice area cases that are beyond the scope of specialist or “boutique” teams that only advise on immigration law.
Click here to view maps and directions to our offices.